Materials & Care
We use only the best quality materials and precious metals, so that your favourite pieces will last.
- 14k Solid Gold
14k gold is an alloy that has a beautiful subtle shade of yellow. It is a durable and hypoallergenic, so works great for those with sensitive skin. It is resistant to scratches and tarnishing so you can wear it almost all the time, and just requires a little polish to shine again.
- Sterling Silver
Our silver pieces are made from 925 sterling silver, which is an alloy made of 92.5% pure Silver and 7.5% Copper. They are plated in Rhodium, which is a rare costly metal that gives it extra shine and durability, and makes it less prone to tarnishing.
- Stainless Steel
Our Stainless steel is a highly durable metal, allowing it to withstand the wear and tear of everyday activities, which can otherwise damage jewelry. The hard metal resists scratches and corrosion thanks to an invisible layer of chromium that prevents oxidation; this makes it a wonder metal of choice for jewelry.
- Gold Plating
Our gold pieces are plated with a thick layer of 18 Karat Gold, ensuring our jewels have the highest polish and quality. We sometimes use 14 Karat Gold plating on larger pieces so that these will be a more subtle shade of gold.
Tips to take care of your jewelry
Bujene crafts every piece of jewelry with attention. We want you to enjoy your jewelry as long as possible. Our plated jewelry has a high-quality 18 carat layer. It's important to know that the layer can slowly wear off. Therefore we advise you to take care of your jewelry by keeping in mind:
- to not use creams or oils in combination with the jewelry.
- to not expose the jewelry to moisture.
- to not spray perfumes directly towards the jewelry.
How long the plating color will remain, depends on the following factors:
- By using perfume or other make-up products the layer can fade away.
- It’s possible that the plating layer can be affected because of the acidity of the skin.
- Chemical products, for example cleaning products can damage the layer.
- It’s also possible that the plated layer can be affected while showering or swimming with your jewelry on.
We provide a service for all of our jewelry. Please have a look at our service here.